Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution applies to storing and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server handled by a web hosting distributor. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a peek at them. Doing so, you can elect what you want, based on whether you'd like to create a web site, mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by given firms, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services are frequently supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular period of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely imprecise interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allocate the workload between different packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different site hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given distributors provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you would like to share a huge number of pictures with pals or colleagues since the solution is generally free. You will get a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your email aliases. Some providers provide web space hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you desire to manage an email address with your domain name but do not wish to own a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can create mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to run as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to keep a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mail addresses, upload video files, and so on. At DLive, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated hosting services that enable you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse compared to the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for specific web content exclusively.